Liesel's troop was invited by another troop to go to iFly to try out indoor skydiving. They needed 5 girls total so I volunteered Ireland as well. The troop leader was busy so I was happy to drive. iFly is a sponsor of the Girl Scouts and they didn't just throw them in the chamber, they had a whole program planned including calculating terminal velocity for different objects.
The girls sure looked cute in their flight suits!
I'm glad they could do this together.
Liesel put her shield down and then couldn't get it up so Ireland tried helping her out. I think there was a release on the side.
Each girl went into the chamber twice. The first was to get them used to how to position their body and to calibrate the wind speed. The second was so they could actually fly a bit
Here is Liesel's 1st Attempt. Her shoelace came untied and you can see all the girls checking their laces- haha!
Liesel's 2nd Attempt. She looks so much more brave falling into the chamber!
Ireland's 1st Attempt
Ireland's 2nd Attempt. I kept nodding at her like, "You've got this!" and she kept shaking her head at me. "No I don't Mom!" She did fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
The demo was pretty incredible- we were told going head down is really advanced.
What do you think happens to water? This was so very cool!
I was so proud of all those girls! And touched that as they faced some trepidation, they all glanced at me for a bit of reassurance. I queued up Brave by Sara Bareilles and we rocked out to that as we headed home. What an incredible experience for them to have under their belts!
No comments:
Post a Comment