Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May Tid Bits

I love my early morning walks as the sun is rising! This is my time to feel some gratitude and peace. I try to practice some mindfulness and wrap my head around my day. The skies are so pretty this time of year as this little corner of the world wakes up!


It's a little hard to tell in this picture but it was a hazy morning with a really thin layer of clouds. The pink from the sunrise stretched all the way across the sky, bouncing off of the haze and I got to witness a positively pink heaven!
 

Liesel's closet is a bit spare- mostly because all her sisters steal her clothes- so we did a little shopping to beef it up again.

I'm always attempting to get her to cover up her abs...

...and it always backfires. When she came out in this outfit I told her she looks like the girl who gets murdered first in a horror movie. All that white!

This made me laugh because I have been that kid bringing my dad both screwdrivers.

I've been begging Brent to let Liesel start cutting the grass so she can hone her driving skills and he has refused. He finally gave in and let her try a little bit on the backyard. She stayed in one gear- haha!

Open House at the elementary school! Liesel and Ireland tagged along to see their old teachers and we were able to personally thank Gita and Sydney's current teachers for all their hard work and dedication!

They got some really good ones this year!

This made me laugh! I'm always encouraging the girls to leave each other notes in their lockers but this isn't quite what I had in mind.

I also love this!

Chatted with Ireland about whether I should have my parents sign their Oh the Places You'll Go books.
Ireland: Hmmm, probably not a good idea. Grandpa's would just be scribbles because his hands chake so much. 
Me: yeah
Ireland: Grandma would just write something weird like, "Time to shuffle off to Buffalo!"

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying!

For Mother's Day I asked to have Annie's mac n cheese and a charcuterie board. Man did everyone set me up right! Liesel and Brent made not just one, but TWO types of mac n cheese and check out the charcuterie!!! He was also sure to have ranch dressing and honeycomb on hand. A Ritz cracker with honeycomb and strawberry is my new favorite. The girls enjoyed this dinner so much we decided to put it in the rotation for Sunday meals. 

Here's the video of the girls dancing to Tina Turner I sent to my parents:

Liesel got 11th place in her school hackathon!

Ireland spotted this cup at Starbucks and I made the impulse buy. For the most part, it looks black but in the sun you can see it's actually green. The texture gives me ASMR vibes and the whole thing just says Boss Lady to me. I love it!

It also coordinates well with the spiked mace I keep in the office!

A little boy came by the house and asked if Gita could play... I don't know how to feel and yet I am feeling all kinds of things as well. 

I joked to Ireland his other car is a Prius with a license plate "Jon Menos"

Liesel's Girl Scout troop went to a rifle range and she got to try shooting while laying down, kneeling and then standing. She got better and better!

My Dad used to play this game with us when we went to HyVee for breakfast. Brent and I went on a little date while Liesel and Ireland were at a stake skating activity and I had to test him on it. He did well!

One of the sweetest notes I've ever received from Sydney.

Liesel is going to start making socially conscious front door decor. She's going to call it Wreath Bader Ginsburg.

Our dryer was packed full of detergents and I finally decided to make it pretty. Once I was done, the girls started asking if they could please, PLEASE do some laundry?

This was a fun hairstyle to do on Gita and she looked fire in it!

Made me laugh!

The Chicago Temple was open on Memorial Day! Brent and I were able to take advantage and we went to the Spanish session. My Spanish is really rusty!

Sydney bridged from Brownies to Juniors!

This is a cute troop of girls!

That wraps up the last of they May-hem!

No comments: