Thursday, August 17, 2023

Brigitta is ELEVEN!

Brigitta was pretty emphatic that for her birthday she wanted Air Force Ones. Since Biden was in town while we were in Utah, I was pretty excited to present her with her very own picture of Air Force One sitting right there on the far side of the airport:

She scrunched up her face a few times, unsure if I was pulling her leg or if I indeed was so out of touch I didn't understand the request of Air Force Ones. She also requested to celebrate her "Birthday Observed" on the Sunday before school started... I think in the hopes she would have some new kicks to wear to school. Which she did indeed have- I know what Air Force Ones are! Duh!

I'm so happy to celebrate this girl! She is my joy and I cannot imagine life without her. Let's get a closer look at that cake eh?

It has definitely been a Barbie summer!

 Gita's really gotten into a skin care routine which I don't totally hate (I'm always an advocate for self-care) but I also don't totally understand. I mean she's eleven... is she trying to have the skin of a 5 year old? Regardless, she's pretty dedicated and was excited to add to her growing pile of lotions and potions.

More than any of my daughters, Brigitta has completely redefined motherhood for me as I struggle to keep up with her antics and just keep her alive. She lives big-grabbing life by the horns. She loves big too and on a daily basis I get to hear her say, "Mom? You've the BEST!"

This ole world wouldn't be the same without my Gita girl!

No comments: