Sydney finally has the elementary school allll to herself and after years of being known almost solely as so-and-so's-little-sister she couldn't be more happy. They really do Meet the Teacher up right with Kona Ice and a DJ on the playground to get kids excited for the year to come!
First day of school photos!
No bus pics of Gita because her birthday fell on the first day of school. Technically, she's not supposed to go unless she is all caught up with her immunizations so we scheduled the first available appointment. Gita was pretty stressed about missing school, but do you really miss that much on the first day?
Me: Look sad about all the shots you got today Gita.
Gita:
We were still in Utah for Liesel's distribution day so we had to do a makeup. As we walked around the school we noticed these alarms which had been installed over the summer. When pulled, they immediately alert police so they are more effective when there is an active shooter. One the one hand, I'm grateful we live in a school district where they are so diligent about safety. on the other, I'm sad we live in a world where they are needed.
Sobering reminder aside, I'm excited for the school year to come and I think my girls are going to rock it. Bring it on 2023-2024! Let's see what you've got for us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment