All of my girls got this one!
Perhaps this is maudlin, but this dancing skeleton was on the window of a hearse and something about it struck me as cheerful.
Liesel came home from dance on an injured ankle in tears. She had the same injury on her other ankle just a week before and she was embarrassed because the same injury came from the same dance move. My sister Katrina had sent me this Instagram reel about how to put on Spanx and the comments were hilarious. I happened to screenshot this one and I showed it to Liesel. There was absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about with a sprained ankle from a complex dance leap when women were injuring themselves just putting on shapewear! We had a good laugh.
While packing for Iowa City I didn't want Brent to give me attitude so I started calling him "farm boy." He sweetly responded to every demand with "As you wish."
It was the school's 100th anniversary and there were all kinds of special events that included alumni to celebrate. Normally I would have pushed for her to go to the baby blessing in Iowa City, but if Liesel was going to attend one homecoming in her entire career, this was the one to attend. The dress she ordered didn't arrive in time so she had to reach into her closet for an oldie but goody. I'm not in love with the high top shoes kids pair with formal wear these days, but I guess it makes dancing a little more comfortable.
She had an absolute blast!
Two of the high schools had a competition to see who could raise more money at a Chick-fil-a fundraiser. The winner would get an extra $500. All week the restaurant was decorated in the two school's colors.
Ireland and I took an early morning walk and came across several homes that had been tp'ed.
No comments:
Post a Comment