Friday, August 16, 2024

Brigitta is TWELVE!

Before Spanish camp, Gita had begged me to buy her a Lululemon scuba top at the Mall of America. It was expensive, and her birthday was more than a month away but the light blue color made her eyes light up so I caved. However, I was adamant that she not get anything for her birthday since she promised me she would not be sad when she had nothing to open on the day. 

Gita did get a lovely cake from Coldstone (non-chocolate of course) and she loved that!


Twee's Nails is near the laundromat we use when the comforters are due for a good clean, fluff and fold. Over time, Gita and I have developed a code and when I mention I need help at the laundromat, Gita volunteers which suits her sisters just fine. While everything is in the wash, we head over to Twee's for mani-pedis. Gita has strong preferences for her nails, to be sure (almond shaped 1/4" extensions), but the staff there also make fantastic suggestions. 


She was all aglow with her new tips!

Her breakfast in bed consisted of waffles, a breakfast sandwich and hashbrowns. I love our tradition of breakfast in bed. It's so simple and yet the girls love it so much.

Gita is not my favorite child as I truly do not have a favorite. I connect differently with each daughter and in some ways I connect similarly with them too (like over watching them dance). That said, Gita is definitely my easiest child. She just does her thing without a lot of fanfare. She's pretty dang self-sufficient and even though is is more than likely to be part of any fight in the house, she's also really responsible. Gita isn't plagued with any of the health issues that have befallen her ADD, asthmatic and juvenile arthritic sisters. If Gita has an assignment or a bus to catch, 9 times out of 10 it will happen. Should she get it in her head to learn to do an ariel or perfect avocado toast, she figures that out on her own. This is all incredibly ironic since she was BY FAR my most difficult toddler. 

Happy Birthday Gita Girl! I love you so much!

No comments: