We have been to Warren Dunes in Michigan many, many, many times. To shake things up a bit, I told Liesel and Ireland they could invite a friend. Liesel brought Riley.
Ireland brought Ellie.
The watermelon raft was a bit of an impulse purchase at the shop on the beach. They had a machine that would blow it up for you in just a few seconds and the girls played with that thing all day long! Trying to stand in the middle of it and then jumping off into the water was very popular. I figured we could also use this at Foster Beach on the Illinois side but it turns out they don't allow flotation devices.
Sydney was feeling some FOMO and somehow had slipped out of the house in a swimsuit that had died. There was no elasticity left and it was sagging so badly there was a gap between her legs. I wasn't a big fan of the options at the shop but we found one we thought would work ok. We ran over to the restroom where she changed and trashed the old swimsuit. The bottoms were still big but as a mom of 4 daughters, I am always packing some hair ties so we tightened it at the hips and she was good to go!
If I haven't said it before, I love this beach! Yes it's a bit of a drive but we have so many happy memories here. I'm glad the girls were able to make some more with friends in tow.
No comments:
Post a Comment