Sunday, August 31, 2025

August Tid Bits

August was already a bruising month and I can hardly believe all that was crammed in! For the record, here's a few more things that happened around here.

Brent and I fit in a lovely bridge to bridge bike ride. 


Gita showing off all her CTR rings

A couple of flower arrangements I put together.



Once the kids are back in school, I declare it is officially fall! I surprised them all and put up the Halloween/Thanksgiving decor while they were at school and the came home properly delighted.


The sweater weather candle is a must!

Another day, another rheumatology appointment. Ireland asked to have cortisol injections as her knees were still bothering her and the last time she got them it helped significantly. Her doctor was hesitant...

...and no wonder! See the needle going in there? That was enough to make my stomach turn!

Typically we get a photo of Ireland jumping by this sign but not today. 

She didn't even walk out of there- we used a wheelchair and it turns out the grade on those parking ramps is steeper than you think!

While family was in town Whitney brought a dvd of the movie Shag. We oohed and aahed over the shoes with the bows on the heels and so I had to find something similar! Love these flats!

I decided to clean out the truck and came across this thermos we'd given up for lost.

A friend sent me this photo of Liesel and Ireland at the color toss. I love what good friends they are!

Brent ate up BYU Education Week! He was there from the first set of classes early in the morning until the last, every single day. I usually packed in it around dinner time but he soaked up as much as possible. He came home refreshed, full of ideas and so very happy. Things at home were rough, for sure but he was where he needed to be. 

Ireland was inducted into NHS.

I was sitting next to a very fidgety little sister who's parents were getting annoyed with her. I leaned over and told her I've been to tons of these and so we made a bet on which word/phrase would be said the most during the ceremony. I said something like, "leadership" and she thought for a second and went for "National Honor Society." Every time those words were mentioned, we looked at each other and counted it up. She beat me handily, and was pleased as punch with that! I think she kinda cheated...
So proud of Ireland!

Once I got all the laundry folded and put away.

Sometimes it actually happens and it needs to be recorded.

Brigitta insisted she had to try the Mt. McDonaldland shake which is berry topped with pink whipped cream.

She liked it!

Ooohkay, I'm anxious to close the book on this chapter of our lives. We got through August- and it was A LOT!

No comments: