Saturday, August 16, 2025

Brigitta is THIRTEEN!!!

 I asked Brigitta how it feels officially being a teenager and she replied, "Feels the same as twelve." Not the most glowing review, but hey she's a girl who knows her own mind! She sent us a list of possible gifts and I selected a Dandy Worldwide hoodie with some cute hearts on the sleeve. She negotiated to open her presents a day before her birthday rather than after. 

For her breakfast in bed she requested scrambled eggs, sausage, English muffins, an Olipop and yes, flamin' hot Cheetos. 


We actually didn't see her much on the day of her birthday because after relaxing in bed a bit, she headed off to a Girl Scout activity at Hurricane Harbor. 

She was pleased as punch to hang out with friends and soak up the very last of what was an incredibly busy summer for her. 
I have said it before and I will say it again, Gita is NOT my favorite child, but in many ways she is my easiest child. Straight A student, highly self-motivated, she makes plans and notifies us later. She's organized in a way I easily understand and she loves getting up early on Saturday to clean the car (we have a whole routine down) and run to Trader Joes for flowers and groceries. Gita is excited by so many things! She lights up about a new drink at Starbucks or a beautiful sky. When she's not mixing it up with her sisters, she's a naturally happy girl and her Bing Bong is still very much alive as she has an incredible imagination. This girl believes she is going to the moon!


Honestly I've leaned a lot on her positivity. When I've been low, Gita pops into my room for one reason or another. I can chat with her, tease her, tickle her... it all just lifts my spirits a bit. I have some guilt about that. Parents shouldn't depend on their kids like that and I really hope she hasn't felt it too much. But my life definitely wouldn't be the same without my Gita Girl!

No comments: