Tuesday, December 16, 2025

Dance Showcase & Winter Choir Concert

I love watching my daughters dance. I do. That said, the dance showcase always seems to fall within two weeks were: 1- Brent is out of town, 2- I am horribly sick or 3- We have a million other things going on. This year Brent was not out of town and miraculously I was not sick BUT Gita's classes were doing their showcase the same night as Liesel and Ireland's winter concert. Brent and I knew we'd have to divide and conquer on that specific night to make it work. He took Sydney to the concert and I watched Gita at dance. 

Brent was able to make it to Sydney's Intermediate class which was the previous week and it was great. She has some fun friends in this class and as always, I'm amazed by her progress. For the tap portion, her teacher tapped out a Christmas song and then asked students and parents to guess which song it was. It came down to the very last one and none of the students could figure it out so she threw it to us parents. I leaned over to Brent and said, "Somethin' Around the Christmas Tree???" ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE! Brent called it out and we won. We even got stickers!

I remember when we scheduled dance classes for the year and realized Brigitta could knock all but one of her classes out in one night. How convenient! Just two trips to the studio! Oi vey- that was a bit myopic. As I sat in a hard, metal, folding chair I realized what she was putting her body through in the course of the evening. By the end of the night I was exhausted, and I was only watching! However, I have a renewed appreciation for how very dedicated Brigitta is to dance. 

Lyrical

This tap warmup was pretty darn cute!

They finished learning this combination that night and then the teacher drilled them with it.

I've always loved hip hop because it's so fun! It's also pretty high energy and yeah, this is a lot of dance to cram into one night.


While I was taking all this in, Brent was enjoying a lot of Christmas music at the high school. Liesel's favorite song to perform was Veni Veni Immanuel.

Liesel's balled class was also a different night than the concert so I got to watch her for the last time. I teared up when I realized that and just soaked in watching her move so beautifully and gracefully. 

No comments: