
Solitude by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
LAUGH, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
For the sad old earth must borrow it's mirth,
But has trouble enough of it's own.
Sing, and the hills will answer;
Sigh, it is lost on the air.
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
But shrink from voicing care.
Rejoice, and men will seek you;
Grieve, and they turn and go.
They want full measure of all your pleasure,
But they do not need your woe.
Be glad, and your friends are many;
Be sad, and you lose them all.
There are none to decline your nectared wine,
But alone you must drink life's gall.
Feast, and your halls are crowded;
Fast, and the world goes by.
Succeed and give, and it helps you live,
But no man can help you die.
There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a long and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain.
This link (below) is from a Japanese gameshow. To think how elaborate U.S. gameshows are and here they use nothing more than a rubber band and marshmellows on string which is FAR more entertaining. Come on 3 people who read my blog! This is an official invitation to laugh with me.
Go ahead, click it! I recommend watching all the way to the end because I think the red team's the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpg3xM-niVw
3 comments:
I sat here and howled. Probably woke up my kids AND my downstairs neighbor.
YEA! They're back! Oh, this is so the way to start off your day! And, btw, I don't know where you found that picture, but that is possibly one of THEE cutest babies I ahve ever seen! Maybe I need to adopt an asian baby.
oh man. i always thought japanese television was so stupid. then i moved back to the states just in time for the reality show craze to start and i thought noooo!!! that seems to be all that japanese tv is: game shows and reality tv.
they were really making fun of blue #1 and red #4. isn't it funny that they feel inclined to print on the screen what they're all saying? as if the audience watching at home can't understand it?
Post a Comment