
This weekend we hosted Sofie (5) and Seth (4) while their parents are attending the inaguration and perusing the DC housing market. Liesel's loved having them around and Brent and I have been stifling laughs for the random things they say. Here's a sample:
Sofie: Seth, you said you wanted macaroni and cheese and now you're not eating it. What happened there?
We went out in the backyard and played in the completely untouched snow. Sofie hadn't brought her snowboots or snowpants but was having a lot of fun... until she lost her shoe in the snow. I frantically dug and dug in the knee-deep powder until I found it. Once we were inside she took off her wet socks and said,
Sophie: *laughing* When I lost my shoe that was just ridiculous!
Me: I think you (Sofie) look like your dad and you (Seth) look like your Mom.
*long pause*
Seth: My mom doesn't have a Spiderman shirt *motioning to his Spiderman hoodie*
Sofie: Yeah! *confused*
I was feeding Liesel and asked Sofie to bring me a binkie. She ran away and reappeared with the pink binkie we've been searching for three weeks to find.
Me: Sofie! Where did you find that?!? We've been looking EVERYWHERE for it!
Sofie: I can't remember if it was under the crib or under the bed I slept in last night. But it was in that room *points*
Me: THANK YOU! We thought we lost it.
Sofie: *chastizing* You guys really need to have more kids. That way you can find all the stuff you've lost.
Seth: *singing* Nahhh neder de JUNK ba leverda JUNK my BAYBEEE! (His version of Madonna's song Jump, the words of which are 'Get ready to Jump')
No comments:
Post a Comment