As I researched the teams to complete my bracket I tried to use my "third eye" to find my champions. When I heard Syracuse beat UConn in a six overtime game I thought I'd found it. A team with hunger. A team that could take down the giant. My underdog that would surely win it all (this is America after all) and secure my bracket.
So BYU fell almost before they started. One of my coworkers even stopped by my desk to convey his condolences. As you can see Liesel was pretty torn up about it as well. Then Arizona won (WHAT?!?!?). Then it was just a blood bath with Memphis, Duke, Wake Forest and Pitt losing. My brackets are obliterated. There's almost no point in watching anymore. What really kills me is seeing Brent like this. Basketball is his thing, and it's like the game j
ust spit in his face. It's so sad... so very sad.
5 comments:
Well, my BYU education taught me to be realistic and apply previous performances and history to my formal thoughts...Hence my abject "disloyalty"... :) But my victory comes with a price, literally, as I am the idiot that said whoever wins buys churros! On second thought, buying churros is worth it! BAM BABY!! Do I know how to choose them or what?!?! By the way, where did you get the adorable BYU cheerleader outfit? I want one for Andrea!!!
That is one CUTE cheerleader. Does she have pom-poms?
My bracket's toast too.
Hmmmm, I guess only true Cougar fans know where to get the baby cheerleading goods...
Looking forward to my churro!
CUUUUUUTE!!! I am so glad that Piper's BYU cheerleading outfit is getting some good use.
The picture of her passed out in the crib is PRICELESS!!!
So sorry you're having a rough time. But as we all know, the south with rise again!!!
Cute baby though!!
Post a Comment