Sunday, March 15, 2009

Liken These Things Unto Yourselves

I cleverly brought along my In Style magazine to read while I waited in the dr's office. This month's Man of Style is Matthew McConaughey and he mentioned that his son, Levi was born at 6:22 which happens to be his favorite passage in the Bible's book of Matthew. It reads, "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

I thought that was really sweet! It got me to thinking, so we decided to look up Liesel's birthday in the Doctrine and Covenants. Consequently, there are no scriptural books named Brent, Danika or Liesel. Her birth time of 5:31 wasn't very interesting so we tried her birth date of April 2nd. D&C 4:2 reads:

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."


Given our love of missionary work, Brent and I thought this was very cool. Next we looked up Brent's birthday which would be 7:5 for July 5th:
"I say unto thee, Peter, this was a good desire; but my beloved has desired that he might do more, or a greater work yet among men than what he has before done."


Again, very cool! So okay, lets check on mine which would be 10:27 for October 27th:
"And thus he goeth up and down, to and fro in the earth, seeking to destroy the souls of men"


Ok , so I have many ex-boyfriends who might agree with that, but anyway. Talk about being born under a bad sign! What's yours?

5 comments:

Jennifer Isaac said...

I laughed my butt off at yours Danika. So cute!

Happy Camper said...

You guys are so cute. You are one of the only married couples that don't make me want to puke, and Brent can tell you, Danika, that is a compliment from one of his most bitter single friends. ;)

Reggs said...

that is awesome!! I'll have to check on mine. I have to say i laughed out loud twice during this post: once when i saw your display picture, and again when I read your scripture.
You should put "destroy souls" on your daily to-do list. :)

Stargirl said...

I give you credit for being the only person in the last year to make me feel compelled to open my scriptures! lol. No 4:10 in D&C, and James' bday isn't in "his" book either. But James 4:10 (a hybrid) says, "Humble yourself before the Lord, and He will lift you up." Boring but nice. I'm jealous of yours. :)

Leah Claire said...

Mine's not much better Danika--"you have delivered them up, yea, that which was sacred, unto wickedness." Just perfect. Maybe it's something about being October girls. :)