Turns out coats, REAL winter coats anyway, are really hard to find for Liesel's age group. There are fancy fur ones that are more for show than warmth, and some cutesy snowsuits but not really much that would protect my adorable girl from the harsh Boston winters. I finally found a Columbia brand coat (on sale!) that was perfect. It has a removable lining which she can use immediately, a removable hood and the pink and white colors make her look like a strawberry tart. There's just one problem:
It's HUGE! She's kind of swimming in it right now because the smallest size was a 2T and Liesel's a good 5 months shy of that. I Velcroed the cuffs as small as they would go which helped a bit. Oh well! At least she'll be warm!!!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Be Prepared
Finding a decent winter coat for Liesel has become my latest crusade... especially when we found out we were having another girl. Knowing the coat would someday be reused by another female meant I could justify some girly colors. Brent didn't see an immediate need like I did because Liesel, like Brent, runs warm. He was pretty sure she could tough it out and perhaps we could put it off until Christmas. I don't care if she's dripping sweat when it's -30 F, she's going to have a good coat and NOW! There's been enough cool nights I wanted it taken care of sooner rather than later. I guess it's a mother thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I got Ezra a coat just like that (4 in 1) at Target. I know he is a boy and I didn't look in the girls section, but I did get it in his size (12 month). Maybe you could check them out if you get desperate.
Right on Sistah! Our pea coat is making it's 3rd appearance on a child this winter. Also a little big, but we've been through this enough to know that if one thing is for certain, it's that kids grow!!
meh don't sweat the size. she'll fit into it before you know it. and if it's still big at the end of this winter, maybe she can even wear it next winter, too. we stretch out the use of our kids' winter coats that way.
Post a Comment