To soften the blow, we decided to take her to Build-A-Bear and make good use of the $25 gift card she received for Christmas. If you aren't familiar with Build-A-Bear, let me enlighten you. First you choose the animal (Liesel didn't seem to really care so I snagged the last bunny they had). Then you stuff it. At first the loud noise threw her but then she enjoyed pressing the pedal and she really loved watching the stuffing roll around in the machine:
Then you fill out the birth certificate. One of Liesel's best buddies at daycare is Gabriella. Whenever the two are in the same proximity, they just gravitate towards each other. They love to run and squeal and "read" to each other. Their teachers tell me it's almost like they're gossiping when they go off together and have conversations just the two of them. In fact, Gabriella is the answer to about every third question she's asked these days (no kidding, in the video Brent asks her three questions and the answer to the third one is "Gabriella"). The funny thing is we were getting a Red Sox bunny and Gabriella's mother works for the Red Sox. How fitting!
To be honest, it was getting close to Liesel's bedtime and she was nearing meltdown mode... especially without a binkie. As we finished up she wanted nothing to do with "Beantown Bunny" but once we got home she begged for it as we put her down. I did the whole Build-A-Bear experience with Liesel when we went to Disneyland so I let Brent take the lead with this round. As I paid the balance, he encouraged me to sign up for the Build-A-Bear card so after a bazillion visits we can get a 10% discount. I'm excited to know he thought it was worth the experience to come back because I love the concept. I hope Liesel does too. Enough to forget about her binkie anyway.
2 comments:
you are the woman!! i hope it's a smooth transition for you. and build a bear is a good idea. i haven't taken my boys but maybe that's what we'll do for valentine's day this year.
ha...at first I thought you wrote that you had boiled the stockpile of bikinis. Talk about confusion! I hope Liesel can let go of her binkis without too much trouble. I think Build a Bear is a good trade.
Oh, and good luck with the transition to one pieces...
Post a Comment