Spring fever arrived a few weeks ago with a vengance. Since then I have been to 5 different doctors and 8 appointments all over Boston. Ireland has had conjunctivitis, a sinus infection and now she's fully in the gassy stage of life. Liesel has a nasty virus which has her little body covered in tiny red bumps and a sore throat so bad she's barely eaten in two days. Even something mild like warm milk or chicken broth brings buckets of tears to her eyes. She sobs, "boo boo" and refuses anything more. As for me, I've had a mild case of shingles and the same sinus infection Ireland has. That infection has made it's way from my head to my chest where it is now firmly lodged. As the only healthy person in the house, Brent has had the worst thing of all: responsibility for taking care of the rest of us. He's been running on just a few hours of sleep per night for weeks now. Of course everyone's symptoms are much, much worse at night.
I have hope we are all over the worst of all this and in the end our immune systems will be impervious against anything that might come our way. In the meantime, we're still just in survival mode. Every doctor I've seen has told me all of this is caused by viruses and there's nothing to be done but wait it out. We've been waiting for almost 4 weeks now.
Please, put us out of our misery!
3 comments:
That is one of the most annoying things about going to the doctor and paying. Also, you shouldn't have to pay again if you are seeing them for the same symptoms. I try to avoid going if I think it is a virus. One of my biggest worries is that my boys will have a febrile seizure (like Joseph did). I hope ya'll get to feeling better.
Oh I'm sorry and I hope you girls get better.
That stinks!! I am so sorry. On the flip side, once you have defeated all of this, you will be able to tackle anything that is thrown at you! BTW- did you get medicine for your conjunctivitis? If not, try breast milk. I know it sounds weird but it has worked for some friends of mine and for me too.
Post a Comment