
Two very significant events happened today. Ireland is now officially a month old! My sister Katrina and I are strangely fertile around the same time so our last two pregnancies have been just a month apart. This morning she had her darling little boy. I was holding Ireland when she cracked this HUGE (non-gas related) smile out of nowhere. A few minutes later I got a text message from Katrina's phone letting us know their boy had made his arrival. Call me crazy, but I think Ireland knew. I'm SO excited to have another baby in the family not to mention a cousin who will be Ireland's age!
While I was pregnant Katrina regularly sent me little packages to keep up my morale. I received adorable baby clothes, a fashionable baby sling and just before I had her, THE package of all packages came...

Ireland's quilt! Because Katrina had three active kids and her own pregnancy to manage I wasn't sure if she'd make a quilt for Ireland like she had for Liesel. As a quilter myself, I know how time consuming and expensive they are. I never said anything, but I secretly hoped for it. I'd be thrilled if I could pass along a blessing outfit and baby quilt to all of my kids as an heirloom they can in turn pass along. I was pee-your-pants happy when the quilt arrived.
Katrina made this quilt out of 30's reproductions fabrics (my favorites are the blue ones). The filling is called McTavishing which she thought was appropriate for a baby we were plannng to name Ireland. It's not only whimsical and beautiful, it's emblematic of how selfless Katrina is, even when she has enough concerns to fill up her own life. All she asked in return is that I take a picture of Ireland with the quilt. Unfortunately, Ireland and I have been sick lately so I hadn't gotten

around to it. When I realized Ireland is already a month old, I decided I'd better do it before I turn around and she's a toddler. Besides, snapping a few pics is very little to ask for such a pretty quilt!
3 comments:
She is SO CUTE!!! And she looks like Liesel, but is definitely Ireland...if that makes sense :)
What a beautiful little girl and a beautiful quilt!
Oh she is darling and the quilt is beautiful. Makes me want a baby and a quilt like that. If only both were that easy to bring about. :o)
Post a Comment