Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Twofer

I can't believe my little girl is already two! Having someone smaller and younger than she is certainly puts things into perspective but I can't help but be stunned at how fast time has flown since she was that tiny infant. We celebrated the big day right after she got home from daycare. That should explain the messy hair... they had been on the playground and Liesel plays hard. She had a whole sandbox in her hair which took 3 washings to get completely clean.


Lately Liesel's really into trucks so we got her a blue one with flames that's remote controlled. Rather than attempt a cake when I have a newborn and am nursing, I got a giant cupcake from Whole Foods (because then it's healthy, right?). She can't quite say "cupcake", it comes out "cupape" which is really cute... that's why Brent keeps trying to get her to say it. Sorry he was unsuccessful! I think she was distracted by all that frosting. As you can see from the video, she takes her cupcakes very seriously.

Saturday we headed to the mall to get her official 2 year photos. Afterwards I had shopping to do at a few of the stores and we were stopped every 25 ft by strangers wanting to tell her how pretty she looked. Rather than shyly hiding behind my legs, she's started interacting more with adults and her little comments made them smile. There was one older gentleman who told me his grandchildren were teenagers and he missed this age so much. When he walked away, Liesel called out, "Buh bye! Have a good day!" which was adorable. I know I'm completely biased, but she's a doll and now that we have Ireland in our family, I treasure my time with Liesel even more.


We love you Liesel! Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

She definitely looked a little stressed about how to grab that cupcake and eat it. It's like you can read her thoughts; "Maybe if I... put my fingers in the frosting... nope, pick it up? Ah THAT'S not working...

Super cute, super adorable. You sure do have it pulled together!!