Thursday, May 20, 2010

Beachy Keen

When it's 78, sunny, and your toddler has a brand-new swimsuit she hasn't had a chance to wear, there's only one place to be. I slathered both girls in SPF 50 and headed out for some sand and surf today. Not only was the weather fantastic, but school is still in so it wasn't crowded and there wasn't any traffic to contend with. Here in Massachusetts they say you are either a north shore person or south shore (which includes the Cape). I hate to admit in my 8 years living here I have yet to try the south shore... I'm north shore all the way. My sister called just before we prepared to leave so I opted for Crane's Beach near Cape Ann.

Liesel is absolutely made for the beach because she worked those little legs like a Riverdance tapper. She would run around then come back to the towel to tell me, "I'll be right back! I'll be right back!" (see video). Sometimes she'd take her shovel with her so she could stop every few feet, dig in the sand a bit and then run a few feet more to do the same thing. I thought she'd get bored after a bit but we could have stayed there for hours longer than we did. Ireland just chilled the entire time, enjoying the warmth without having to be wrapped up. After a while I thought I'd introduce Liesel to the waves of the ocean so I grabbed Ireland and went down to the shore. When the cool water washed over Liesel's little feet she was so stunned she fell over. Then the water washed over her legs which broke her out of her stupor and she screamed like the little girl she is. She stayed far, far away from the water after that.

3 comments:

Laney said...

She's so cute! I love her little voice telling you she'll be right back. What a fun time!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

Isaac and Liesel would have so much fun together at the beach. Maybe for the reunion ewe could do a beach day.

Faye said...

Your girls are so cute! Liesel just made my day! I'll be right back...lol