Thursday, May 27, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Brent snagged some Red Sox tickets from a coworker so we took Ireland to her first game. All day it had been as hot as a steam engine in the middle of the desert so I figured we'd be okay in cooler wear. WRONG! I ended up running to the souvenir shop to get a sweatshirt for Ireland. After we put it on her she immediately fell asleep on my shoulder. The guys behind us were smitten with her which was funny because they looked like bouncers. They kept tickling her cheeks and offering to help out when she fussed. It was really cute.
Unfortunately, the BoSox lost. Brent is starting to think he's a curse to the team because every game he's attended they've lost. Even with the cooler weather I'm glad we could introduce Ireland to Fenway. I'm happy I could lull her fussiness away by singing Sweet Caroline in the middle of the 8th inning. I'm also grateful I had an excuse to pick up one more Red Sox clothing item because you just can't have enough of those!

1 comment:

Faye said...

SO JEALOUS!!!! Little Ireland is so cute and lucky to go to her first game at Fenway. I agree, any reason to buy Sox clothing...