Friday, June 11, 2010

For the Love of Ice Cream

You'd think the annual Scooper Bowl would be a harbinger of summer to Boston. Unfortunately, the last two years have been drizzling and cool. Not that the weather stops us from eating unlimited amounts of ice cream for a good cause. To top it off, our friends were able to get free passes courtesy of MIT. As if the Scooper Bowl could get any sweeter!


Do I even need to mention Liesel absolutely loved the Scooper Bowl? I think not. As soon as we finished one of the sample-sized cups she'd immediately ask for more. Don't know what I was thinking when I put the white sweater on her as we walked out the door.

A new ice cream flavor favorite from this year's event is Key Lime Graham gelato. Yum!

I'm trying to lose my baby weight so I've been cutting back on the "great whites" from my diet (sugar, salt, flour) and this was the first time in weeks I'd really had anything sweet. I think it put my system in shock because I felt SO sick on the way home. Which reminds me, does anyone out there get the logic of the following video?

3 comments:

russia boy said...

Surprisingly enough, I totally understand Brent's logic! While recovering from my tonsilectomy (sp?)I could only eat stuff full of sugar and after a while you want REAL FOOD...something to absorb the sugar like a big juicy steak! Can you tell I still want real food but still can't swallow???

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I would really love to go to the Scooper Bowl sometime.l It looks great! Liesel sure is getting big and I am sure that she and every other toddler there would be in heaven. And yes, I completely understand Brent and his need for food. Sometimes When I am full of one thing, I need something else to eat to help balance out or soak up whatever is making me feel ill.

BTW- you look great in the pictures. I would have never known you just had a baby

Reggs said...

Mix food with sugar? WHaaaa? Ok, that is a little weird. Usually when my stomach is full of ice cream, my cellulite is busy rejoicing.
How cute is Liesel? Wow, she is talking SO MUCH! I just need to come visit you and snuggle her and know I am her favorite auntie!
P.S. she is wearing adorable shoes. And yes, you look amazing!