Friday, December 24, 2010

Meeting Saint Nick

Christmas just keeps getting better and better as the girls age. This year, Liesel really caught onto the idea of Santa Claus. She fell in love with books like 'Twas The Night Before Christmas and The Polar Express. Whenever she saw the jolly old elf at the mall she'd yell out his name and carefully watch him. I repeatedly told her we'd wait until Dad was in town and then we'd go meet Santa Claus as a family. Christmas Eve seemed the perfect time to do it anyway. I dressed the girls in their most festive holiday outfits and prepped Liesel for the introduction. Considering all her excitement about Santa up to that point, I thought it would be a breeze.

Liesel cried as if we'd handed her over to a serial killer. Ireland contentedly sat on his lap like it was her second job. Santa was great though and patiently waited until Liesel warmed up to him. Turns out he used to do gymnastics and they bonded over their shared hobby. Santa handed his sleigh bells over to Ireland and they were fast friends from the start. I love, love, LOVE the photo! They had to take a few because Liesel was crying so hard. Believe it or not, this is her most mellow moment. Classic.

1 comment:

Reggs said...

This picture is....AWESOOOOME!!! Isn't that funny how kids do that?? Annoying stuff like get a black eye right before picture day? Makes me love Liesel all the more. You never know, that Santa might be a serial killer. She's a smart gal.
By the way, I laughed out loud at this post. You are freaking hilarious, I want to be like you someday!!