Liesel decided to go swimming in a brand-new 41.8 oz can of Enfamil formula. Bought from Costco on our last trip to Chicago since there are none anywhere near Iowa City. For $38 if you'd really like to know. If it weren't all over the floor I might have been able to salvage some but it was a complete loss. I had to vacuum the vacuum because the powder was EVERYWHERE! I sent pix messages to my family. My parents who had been out to lunch abruptly came home. Dad asked me what possessed Liesel to do this and I told him, "There is not to make reply, there is not to reason why, there is but to do and die." As part of Homicide Prevention Week they offered to watch the girls while I either went to the gym or took a nap. I burned 600 calories on an elliptical. Maybe another 10 years and I'll laugh? Oh, and Ireland is now on regular milk.
3 comments:
ooooooh my. i wouldn't find that funny either. i'd probably cry over $40 down the drain. and yell a lot. wow.
Only old people who've been sleeping through the night and are living with a secure retirement think this is funny. We should slap them...
Ugh! You know who ruined the giganto can of formula in our family? ME! At your wedding. We were getting ready to leave Nauvoo, we stopped at a gas station, and I pulled out the formula to make a bottle for Logan while standing next to the van. After juggling both the bottle and the formula, I reached up and put the formula on top of the van so I could put the cap on the bottle and shake it up. This wouldn't have been a problem if the freaking sun roof hadn't been open, which sent the giganto can of formula tumbling INTO the van, and all over everything. The best part is when Joel looked at me and said "What the hell did you do THAT for?" And I'm always impressed when people take photos of these types of things. You must have a cooler head than I. Because at the time of such events I am SO livid, I can't imagine why anyone would take pictures and relive the drama over again. Kudos to you! And how's Ireland liking whole milk? lol
Post a Comment