Skipping through those pesky commercials is a dream when you own a dvr. Is it just me or does it seem like commercials have gotten longer, louder and lamer? Back in the day when I actually had to watch the commercials, I remember some that had a mystical Jedi effect on me. I wanted to jump up from my couch and buy whatever they were selling. Maybe I'm just jaded from the constant marketing we get bombarded with every day, but I don't see many good commercials anymore. Even if they catch my attention, they don't usually inspire me to do anything. It's like the marketing world at large has lost its touch. Here are some commercials from back in the day that got me hook, line and sinker:
The Aaron Copeland music makes me feel like it is my patriotic duty as an American to cook beef for dinner. I find myself drooling as plate after plate of hearty beef dishes are layed on the table. Odd that a deep, masculine voice would speak to me like this guy does. The resounding BUM BUM BUM at the end just puts an exclamation point on it all. Mmmmm, I wonder if we have any beef in the house... it is an average Wednesday after all.
I want to tear off my clothes and run into the shower when I watch this. I start thinking of body parts that rhyme. "It cleans your pointer finger and even your grey brain matter!" I don't know why the soap is actually named Lever 2000 but these commercials are brilliant.
I'm absolutely convinced I need a very large closet so I can fill it with pretty cotton dresses. I'm also convinced Zooey Deschanel wants to take me shopping with her. She'll wear her Heidi braids and at the end of it all I'll be sitting at the piano (even though I don't play) writing on sticky notes and thinking deep thoughts.
I swear if I have just one of those mints I will have fresh breath... for the rest of my life. Then when I die my corpse will have the freshest coffin. I think I want some pep-o-mint. Ooooh yes!
Did I miss any? What commercials sold you?
1 comment:
I preferred Sam Elliott's narration of the beef commercials personally. There aren't a lot of commercials that sell me, but the Old Spice campaign from a year ago sold us. Blaine and I were already fans of Old Spice, but we bought the body wash afterwards and probably will for a while. Blaine loves it and I in turn love how he smells :D
Post a Comment