We celebrated Ireland's birthday a day early. In my family we call that "Birthday Observed." Sort of like how there's a Martin Luther King Jr Day and then there's a Martin Luther King Jr Day (Observed). Following tradition, we got her a cake. I found the most adorable one with shamrocks and a little pot-o-gold on top at Whole Foods.
Ireland took just a second to check out her dessert.

Then she tried a little of the green icing...

...and some of the chocolate mousse that made up the pot-o-gold.

She tried putting the mousse in her hair...

...and happily realized Mom and Dad wouldn't intervene in her fun.
Then the lightbulb went off.

Ireland kept holding the sides of the cake as if to say, "This WHOLE thing is mine!"

She couldn't have been happier.

Mom cleaned the highchair while Dad cleaned the baby.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ireland!! And I'm glad that she already knows what's good stuff :-)
Happy Birthday Pi baby! and wow, that kinda made me wish i had my OWN CAKE to dig my fingers into. :) Wish I had been there!
Wow! She has changed A LOT since I last saw her!! Cute as a bug!! Happy 1st Birthday kiddo. :D Glad that she got some cake, and got to eat it too...
I thought about you guys this weekend when I saw the calendar. I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. She's just getting cuter!
Post a Comment