I was delighted to see this on Design Mom. I love how it weaves the images of Chicago with the people on the street. Afterwards I couldn't stop thinking about all my favorite memories. Seeing fireflies for the first time when we moved to Iowa. My nephew eating spaghetti with his bare hands as a toddler in a nice restaurant. Brent surprising me at the airport in a suit. I could go on and on.
How about you? What's one of your favorite memories?
2 comments:
Loved this! It's funny to see the sentimental ones, "Every hug my mom ever gave me," to the contemporary, "being by so many sports teams. " I lean in the ridiculously sentimental. One of my favorite memories is waking up before Matthew in the mornings in our little one-bedroom apartment, and just watching him sleep in the early morning sun rays. Just adoring the pieces out of him really. Kids tend to get us up now, but that adoration for him has never left me.
And when I think of a peaceful, tranquil spot, I think back to being on a roof on the island of Sao Miguel, Acores. We would go up in the evenings, or mornings and look out at the sea. Living in the exact middle of nowhere. I love that time. And I knew then that I would go back to that time and feeling many times over the years.
I don't have one favorite memory, but a handful. One amongst those was the trek through some GORGEOUS fields to see the ruins of Tintern Abbey in Wales. I got to stop and sit in a field of rolling grass smelling the wildflowers and sitting in the sun. It was a perfect moment. The awe I felt towards God's creations was so peaceful and calming.
Post a Comment