Monday, October 31, 2011

HRH Rapunzel & Aurora

In spite of my feelings about Disney princesses, the girls were royalty this Halloween. Ireland was the perfect size for Liesel's Aurora dress and they're at the age where if one has something, the other does too. Rather than come up with brand new costumes for both of them, Liesel was Rapunzel. I bought Liesel's costume ridiculously early but it sold out and so did the hairpiece. While I was at the checkout, another Disney store called to ask if they had one in a certain size. I was happy to have it taken care of.
Even seeing them hung up made me happy!
The first time Liesel put on her costume she complained it was "too fluffy." She's the rare girl who was none too thrilled to be a princess. The hairpiece looked absolutely adorable and set her apart from all the other Rapunzels. I modified her dress a bit by cutting off some lace trim on the bodice and the brooch with Rapunzel on it. She left glitter everywhere she went... Disney didn't skimp on that! Ireland took to being a princess like a fish to water. As soon as her dress was on she asked for her "hat." Once she was all dressed she smiled and danced around... SO cute!

Rather than doing a trunk or treat, our ward had adults man a door of each classroom in the church. That way the kids didn't have to go out into the cold and parents didn't have to decorate their trunk on top of making chili, dessert and getting kids dressed in costume. Brilliant idea! Ireland quickly caught on to the concept of trick or treating. She also noticed she could pilfer Liesel's basket when she wasn't looking and somehow managed to get twice as much candy. Brent tells me she wasn't shy about asking for more either. We don't have a definitive policy on Halloween candy so right now I'm using it as a bribe for good behavior.
The real picture here would have been what an idiot I was making
of myself to get the girls to look at me. Obviously I was not successful.
Another addition this year was the trick or treat basket. Sorry to say I'm not talented enough to make something like these; I found them on etsy. Liesel immediately claimed the one with bats and Ireland was perfectly happy with the black one.

This was my favorite Halloween-esque video. I hope you all had a very happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love the hair piece! Gosh I'd love one in my hair color... The girls look simply adorable, and the bags too. I'm partial to the dots myself. :)