
We finally invested in a family membership to The Museum of Science and Industry! I was so excited to get into the "Members Only" line this most recent visit and I know we're going to make good use of our membership. I took the girls to see the Dr. Seuss exhibit which coincided with the Christmas Around the World festival. It was amazing. The main tree was a Grinch Who Stole Christmas-themed one (see the Whos holding hands and singing around the base?). I really loved the presents wrapped in plain but brightly colored paper. I may have to do that next year! It almost looks more festive than traditional Christmas wrapping.

Did you know Dr. Seuss never actually got his PhD from Oxford as intended? And Seuss is supposed to be pronounced like "voice." I definitely sympathize with having a German name no one can pronounce! Apparently Green Eggs and Ham was born out of a bet with his editor. The bet was that he couldn't create an entertaining book from 50 words or less. There are 49 one-syllable words in Green Eggs and Ham and 1 two-syllable word (anywhere). Dr. Seuss joked he was never compensated for that bet. He never had any children stating, "You have 'em; I'll entertain 'em." I loved seeing some of his original artwork! I once heard that genius is the ability to return to childhood at will. In that case, Dr. Seuss was the most brilliant of geniuses.
 |
| Yes I flipped for the photo, but I got a discount with our new membership! |
Aside from the Dr. Seuss exhibit, the museum was decked out with dozens of Christmas trees representing different countries. It was the perfect place to take the girls and get them excited for the holidays. Oh how I love this museum!
2 comments:
Wow! that looks like an incredible exhibition! And so fascinating abt Dr. Seuss and I will still probably pronounce his name the American way so that people will know who I am talking about
What a festive experience!!! Can't wait to hear more about the exhibits you will attend!!!
What a good mom you are! Way to take the city & totally make it yours. It's a big deal to go out with smalls!
Post a Comment