This is another post of random things that have happened with the girls I just can't bear to forget. So without further ado...
Ireland is getting more and more antsy to start gymnastics. Brent and I firmly believe we're not going to invest money into classes for her until she's old enough to understand classroom dynamics and physically can build the basics. That doesn't stop her from trying to sneak into classes though! She's pretty sly about it too. Ireland pretends to be casually observing the class and before I know it she's sprinting towards the tumble track. I told her she could start gymnastics when she learns to use the potty. The other day she asked to go potty 3 times even though she didn't really use the potty. She makes sure to wipe though!
The other day Liesel put Ireland's backpack on her. After she clicked the front strap in place she said, "Okay Ireland, now go to college!" Ireland turned around and walked to the door. When no one opened it, she continued playing with her toys.
We'd been planning to wean Ireland from the binkie in stages: in November she could only have it when she was sleeping, in December she could only have it at night, and then we're throwing them away in January. Just before we implemented this plan, Ireland was hanging out one night and had a binkie in her hand. Suddenly she raised it high in the air and spun around gleefully crying out "beeekieee!" It was like something out of a Broadway play, no lie.
Lately Liesel has only been putting on her seatbelt halfway. Every time I discovered she wasn't really strapped in, I've tried to impress upon her young mind how serious that is. As we headed out for church on Sunday, Liesel piped up from the back, "Mom, you'd better put your seatbelt on or you'll fly out the window!" Brent frowned at me for that one.
Once Brent is home from work, I usually head over to the clubhouse for a workout. When I change into my workout clothes I explain I'm going "running, running" to the girls. Now when Ireland sees me changing, she says something equivalent and pumps her fists as if she's running. So cute.
Ireland is old enough she wants her fair share of prayer time. To alleviate any fighting, I told Liesel she could teach Ireland how to pray. Today at lunch Liesel told Ireland to be "thankful we love our food." I just about burst out laughing because Ireland really loves her food!
The girls laugh like crazy when I say their names like a ghoul. I laugh like crazy when they try to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment