With nothing on our agenda, Brent and I decided Saturday was the day to take the girls to see St. Nick. Oh what a mistake! Even though we got there relatively early, there was an insanely long line that DID. NOT. MOVE. A trickle of molasses moves faster! The Donner Party moved faster! Continental spread is faster! After waiting for an HOUR, we were told Santa was going to "feed the reindeer" and would be back in 30 min. We'd finally made it into the elaborate Ice Palace and with the girls primped, I wasn't going to lose my spot in line. We hunkered down with lunch and waited. All told we waited two hours. I'm definitely rethinking how I go about pictures with Santa in the future. Brent believes we don't need photos at all and I know many would agree with him. Still, there's a huge part of me that clings to yes--queue Fiddler on the Roof music--TRADITION!
 |
| This photo was NOT posed! This is Ireland trying hard to be patient. |
 |
| Almost as tall as a baby polar bear! |
 |
The Ice Palace had this screen which showed
images from BBC Earth. |
 |
| Inside the Ice Palace was a waiting room with more BBC Earth images and fake falling snow. Every family got to go in alone before meeting St. Nick which was actually really cool |
 |
| I think everyone (including Santa) looks exhausted. |
I'm SO glad Brent caught this footage of Ireland falling asleep in the car. Classic! What a doll for mumbling "cheese" even in her exhaustion!
2 comments:
The picture of Ireland is one of my favorites ever. She is definitely related to Danika - I've seen that pose and face more than once ;)
It's such a good tradition! Christmas is a short-lived children's magic. Scoop up as much of it as you can!!
Post a Comment