Monday, April 09, 2012

Results Are In!

I was floored. For oh so many reasons I was sure the babe growing in my womb was a boy. I told the ultrasound tech as much and then told her to just say whether I was right or wrong. She seemed a little too delighted to tell me I was wrong. Along with my shock came a flood of relief. I'd been mentally preparing to make the switch and suddenly I didn't have to. More bows, more fluffy dresses, more pigtails. Yes yes, I can DO this, no problem!

Everyone has been asking how Brent's taking the news. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having a boy in the family but he honestly and truly loves having girls. As President Hinckley once said, "When a man gets old he had better have daughters about him." Perhaps it's the shock of white hair that's suddenly and aggressively appeared on his right temple, but Brent takes that idea seriously. From a pragmatic standpoint, we have girly stuff so this baby will be practically free aside from diapers, wipes and formula. The accountant in Brent doesn't mind that one bit.

The only person who was disappointed was Liesel. After seeing her baby boy cousin William, I think she wanted one of her own. She even cried a little. Hopefully her disappointment will be tempered by mid-August!

2 comments:

Sylvia-Louise said...

So excited for your growing family!

Sara said...

So fun!! I grew up the oldest of three girls :) Can't wait till your newest Wuehler girlie is born!