Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Best Job...

I've watched this video at least two dozen times and it brings me to tears EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!! First spotted on Design Mom, I pull it up when I need a little reminder that the day-to-dayness of motherhood is worth it in the long run. I think it's incredibly well-done (why else would I be bawling?) and really shows the universality of mothers around the world as we rouse our children to keep them on schedule, do laundry, cook meals, get them where they need to go, make beds, observe them at play or in class and then do it all over again. And again and again. We share in our children's triumphs as well as their defeats.



The first time I saw it, Liesel asked why the moms were crying and I tried to explain through tears how moms cry when they're really happy sometimes. Oh for sobbing out loud, I'm crying even just typing this! Enjoy the video and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

No comments: