Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A Few Updates


Blue Balloon
Remember the 3' party balloons we purchased for the girls birthday photos almost 2 months ago? One by one they deflated or popped aside from one. Not only is this one still inflated, it's still floating. Frankly, it's starting to freak me out. The girls have yanked it all over the apartment, bounced it back and forth, laid on it like it was a bean bag and it's STILL THERE! I feel like I'm being watched and I really want to get rid of it but Brent wants to see how long it will hold on. Creepy, right?

Baby Birds
I'd noticed some interesting activity around our bird feeder a few weeks ago. One bird in particular was carrying twigs and such into it so I guessed it was building a nest. I had no idea it was an expectant bird and that we'd have a little family outside our window. That mama bird feeds those little ones all day long! It's exhausting watching her and I have to wonder if their constant chirps ever annoy her. I think the little ones are getting ready to leave the nest as they stand closer and closer to the edge of the bird feeder. The mama definitely has good taste when it comes to housing! I bet there isn't a more solidly built nest for miles.

Burgeoning Bump
When we were on vacation my sister overheard Liesel telling her cousin Paisley, "My mom is gonna have a baby so she's getting big. But she'd better not get too big or she's gonna scare me!" At dinner tonight, Liesel announced I am now bigger than Brent. For the record (and what's left of my pride) I'm NOT. Not even close. My ankles are still a lot smaller than Brents and I think my wrists and neck is too. Still, I thought perhaps Liesel would benefit from an education video on pregnancy and birth. To be honest, I think she lost some respect for me watching that. When they showed the sperm racing towards the egg, Ireland jumped down from the couch and started screaming and running around in a circle. I have no idea what that's all about. Aye de mi! Not sure what to do now... any suggestions?

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Don't worry about it. So long as there is dinner on the table, kids don't really even notice...

Reggs said...

Okay, I laughed OUT LOUD at the balloon comment. This one time we had a balloon that wouldn't die, and one night I woke up in the middle of the night and it was IN MY ROOM. It scared me half to death and I stabbed that mother effer to death right then and there. Balloons are totally scary!!!
Anyway, I laughed so hard when I overheard Liesel saying that you were going to get big and scare her. We look exactly the same, so I must be pretty scary, too. You look great, sistow!!

Brent said...

The balloon lasted until May 25 or so--2 months!