Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Heart Broke Along With Hers

Tonight we said our goodbyes to Brent at the bus depot. Ireland was already asleep and Brigitta was working her way there with a few tired wails now and again. As I pulled out of my parking spot Liesel spoke up from the backseat.

"Mom? I'm really sad because I miss Daddy." And she burst into tears. She cried like I have never heard her cry before. 

And I sobbed too.

3 comments:

saturated sunshine said...

I totally understand. We didn't see Ray for 3 months at a time when he was on the submarine. We didn't have communication for that amount of time. We did that for about 4 years. He was home 3 months gone 3 months, etc. It's hard on little ones and their wives too. You'll be in my prayers.

saturated sunshine said...

This is Aunt Janet....

saturated sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.