Friday, November 30, 2012

School of Love

Liesel is attending the same school my sister Reagan did when she was a youngin'. Once upon a time, Reagan broke her nose while playing on the playground. Nothing bleeds quite like a head injury and so it was rather dramatic. Mom tells me as Reagan was taken away to the hospital with her face all bloodied, a little boy sorrowfully proclaimed, "But I was going to marry her!" She survived the incident and while they never did marry, Reagan is still friends with the boy via Facebook. I remember Reagan getting a HUGE pack of frozen popsicles that no one else was allowed to eat. And a lot of attention. But I digress.

This morning as I dropped Liesel off at preschool, a little boy in a Batman t-shirt ran up to me and gave me this envelope:

His sidekick told me I needed to open it up at home and give it to Liesel. Inside, I found this drawing of a purple heart.
Ahhhh the romance continues! Another one I'm hanging onto for Liesel's permanent file. After all, they may be Facebook buddies someday!

No comments: