Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Breathe


I've decided that will be my one word for 2013. Breathe. When the girls are driving me cray cray, when things just aren't going my way, when it's days until I see Brent again, I will stop and just breathe. Usually I thrive on massive projects and long to do lists but I'm not going to make that my focus for the next year. In the interest of self-preservation I'm going to take it easy on myself for once. I can be my own worst enemy sometimes with my sky-high expectations. Anyone would agree I have plenty on my plate and for the next year I'm calling it. Enough. I want to enjoy the everyday and not go to bed disappointed in myself. By now I think I've proven to myself I am capable of accomplishing great things so the obvious next step is to see if I can conquer relaxation. So I will take a deep, cleansing breath and try to unclench my tightly wound muscles. Ommmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

Didn't you like a song by that title? Maybe I am thinking Breathless...hmm. Sounds like a great goal! :)

Laney said...

I give a hearty "Here! Here!" for your word and goals this year. You're one of the hardest working and achieving people I know. Being kind to yourself and acknowledging ALL you do is fabulous. I hope 2013 is glorious for you!!

Janeal said...

Love it....