Monday, April 15, 2013

How I Love That Dirty Water

After dropping Liesel off at school, I started thinking about my day and realized it was Marathon Monday in Boston. Brent and I scoured the internet to find a way to watch since it's not easily available outside of New England. I watched this video about the Hoyts:
and cried all over again. I found this article that talked about the statue that has been erected in their honor and decided to download the song by Mercy Me because it gets me every time. I shooed the girls away from the computer so I could watch the marathon in the background while I went about my morning routine. Then the horrible news came.
It's been a Facebook frenzy getting updates from our Boston friends on the happenings since the bombings. I'm so proud to have a history with this unique and beautiful city filled with some of the most wonderful people in the world. Our prayers and thoughts are with the victims and their families.

No comments: