Brent was squarely against them. He insisted school photos are done with little care and ultimately aren't worth the money. But I wasn't entirely happy with the professional photos we had done for Liesel's 5th birthday. The photographer didn't seem to get my vision of a child in a grown-ups wedding gown. She kept telling Liesel not to smile which made half the photos look creepy... like we were selling her off as a child bride. I examined the packages for spring portraits and opted for the cheapest one that included an 8x10 which would be more scannable. On the day of the photos, I carefully laid out her clothes and styled her hair. Just before I sent her off to school, I swiped a tiny bit of lip gloss on her chapped lips.
When I picked Liesel up from school today, one of her teachers brightly told me, "She has something in her backpack for you!" I gasped when Liesel showed me this:
Her teacher jumped in, "I know, we were all talking about it. Even her outfit matched the background!" Liesel proudly emphasized, "I told you I smiled big!" I snapped a pic with my iPhone and sent it to Brent. One of Brent's strengths that's highly desirable in a marriage is how quick he is to apologize and forgive. Here is his response:
"I eat my words (in this case)! I'm impressed. They have reopened my mind re: school photographers. Money well spent. It's a beautiful picture."
I couldn't agree more!

No comments:
Post a Comment