Hands down one of my favorite pieces of jewelry (aside from my wedding ring) are the Portuguese earrings my sister Katrina bought me. She picked them up while serving her mission there and sadly, I lost them (at her house no less!). I mourned their loss because they were just perfect. Hoops with little charms: one was a heart for luck in love and the other was a figo which wards off evil. When she visited me in Boston, we happened to stop in Fall River which is like Little Portugal and she replaced them, adding a third charm--an anchor. I read somewhere (Moby Dick maybe?) that sailors consider anchors to be somewhat religious because the cross is part of the design. I was beyond thrilled to have these earrings back in my jewelry box!
Today was a parents breakfast at Liesel's school where they also presented a slide show of the school year. Stretchy yoga pants and one of Brent's nerdy accounting t-shirts just wasn't going to cut it so I pulled out this dress. Yes it has horizontal stripes which isn't a good look for me as I get bigger, but still fits and is incredibly comfortable. I threw on the earrings last and suddenly I didn't feel so much like a frumpy mom.
It's amazing what a little accessory can do, eh?
2 comments:
It'd be really easy to hate you for how gorgeous and put together you are IF you weren't so nice. Seriously I'm jealous of how you look fabulous pregnant.
...basically you're always gorgeous. I look pregnant and its not fabulous. At least people have stopped asking me if I'm pregnant so there's a plus ;p.
Post a Comment