Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brigitta's 9 Month Photos

Time for the traditional bathtub photos! When Brigitta caught sight of that huge duck, she fell in love. Whether or not it's in the actual photo, you can bet that thing was nearby.  
"Whatever happens here, you are not touching the duck."
 We've thought of so many captions for this one. "Gooooal!" "Everybody do the wave!" "Cabana boy! Over here!" "I'm open! I'm open! Throw me the football already!!!"
Really, she loved that duck!
You can tell Brigitta's energy was waning near the end of the shoot and she hit a point where she flat refused to smile anymore...
 ...unless she saw the huge duck.

Disclaimer: The color scheme for this part of the photo shoot was wholly and completely stolen from my sister Reagan. I'm grateful she's so chill about things like this because it was one less thing to think about in my crazy life right now. I'm also grateful to my husband who tolerates my endless love of Gymboree. 
 Which do you like better? This one (Brent's pick)?
 Or this one (my pick)?
 The best accessory for any picture really is sisters.
Notice her wide stance for balance
 And while we're at it, why not capture some individuals of them as well?
 Ireland was giving frozen harmonica smiles when the photographer got her to honestly laugh.
And for some reason Brigitta ended up looking like she was chillin' in a hot tub. I love that you can see her baby arms. I know all too well how soon those will become long, lanky limbs that no amount of Oreos and Yoo-hoo can chunk up. It's wise to capture them while you can!

2 comments:

Janeal said...

Oh my crud, so CUTE!!!! I love all the pictures...do we really have to pick just one?? The anchor does have a spiritual connotation...it actually comes from Hebrews when the scripture mentions having your faith anchored to the Lord...I learned that during a symbolism tour :)

Laney said...

These are all so fantastic!!