Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Snapshots of Sydney Pippa

When I looked at my phone for pictures of Sydney Pippa (which, I've surely been snapping daily, right?) I was shocked to find they are a little, uhm, spare. So as I did with Brigitta, I'm going to post monthly snapshots of Sydney. It keeps me motivated to catch little moments here and there as she rapidly grows. This is all I have for November and December, but I'm going to do better in 2014!
With Aunt Whitney
I love these sweet turtle pjs (handed down by Reagan) and was so sad when Sydney grew out of them. 
Brent spends as much time as he can with Sydney when he's around. 
With Mom
Again with Dad
I don't want to say Sydney is a "good" baby because that automatically implies there are "bad" babies. I guess I can say Sydney is an extremely "easy" baby in that she doesn't require any extra attention for digestive issues or colic or just needing to be held. It's almost as if she was read the riot act in the pre-existence and told if she was going to come as an early surprise, she'd better not throw a fit when she got here. Sydney Pippa is a champion sleeper and she dozes for 4-6 hours at a stretch. During the night, she doesn't cry but I'll wake up to hear her rooting instead. After she's nursed, she goes right back to sleep. As a side note, Brigitta is now sleeping through the night so I'm getting loads more rest than I did when I was pregnant! Sydney has mastered the "social smile" that melts my heart. Her tiny body shudders as if the joy inside her just spills out onto her face. Initially Brigitta went through an adjustment period with the change in family dynamics. She'd randomly scream at things: doors, clothes, ice cream, etc. like she didn't know quite how to cope. After a couple of weeks, Brigitta relaxed and now "Puppaaah" as she calls her, doesn't seem to phase her in the slightest. Brigitta will run into the room with her bottle if she hears Sydney crying and on the flip side, she's right there to polish off a half-drunk bottle left behind. Brent's particularly happy about that because we aren't wasting even a drop of expensive formula. Sydney's still so small she just curls up on my shoulder and cuddles. I have to admit it's hard to put her down to make dinner or change a diaper because I know this won't last forever.

No comments: