Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Smile

Looking back on my one word for 2013 I can say without a doubt I completely failed to just "breathe". I didn't cut down on projects. I wasn't easier on myself. I didn't conquer relaxation. However, I learned quite a bit about myself and decided to just accept the list-making, ambitious, uptight person I am and not fight it. It actually stressed me out more knowing I wasn't relaxing as much as I should.

As for my list of 2013 resolutions, I've never had a year where I failed so badly at those as well. I am not back to my pre-pregnancy weight (owing to the other pregnancy). I never took Liesel to see a live performance because I was too tired and just didn't make it happen. I didn't learn the moves to the Lilo and Stitch hula (although I feel compelled to learn that for 2014... don't ask why because I couldn't tell you). I've heard something like only 8% of Americans actually make and keep New Year's Resolutions. This year I want to earn my spot back into that 8%. So without further ado, my one word for 2014 is....

SMILE. I want to smile more at my kids. I want to smile more to strangers. I want to smile more to my husband. I want to smile more to myself. That's it. Just smile. Not be happy... that can be a tall order, but smiling can be done no matter what the circumstances. So here goes, 2014 here I come!

3 comments:

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

But too much smiling will give you wrinkles...just saying. ;)

Janeal said...

Sign me up...

Laney said...

That sounds fantastic. Plus you have a beautiful smile, even when it's one of your mischievous ones!