After Ireland's baptism, Julie stuck around for a few days to hang out with us. She's been to Chicago before so I wanted to do something different with her. Once the older 3 girls were back in school and Sydney had finished her dance class for the day, we headed downtown to the Chicago Art Institute.
Even though I know very little about art, there's something that feeds my soul when I spend time in a gallery. There are some pieces that catch my eye and I love just taking them in.
Sydney thought Van Gogh looked like Brent. I'm guessing it's the beard.
Chagall Windows. Sooo pretty!
Monet
Degas dancers. Sydney was kind of a tableau vivant in that part of the gallery! Except she never stops moving, ha ha!
I always come across pieced I don't recall having seen before.
Sydney busted out her pharaoh dance moves in the Greek, Roman and Byzantine gallery.
Julie had never been to a Shake Shack and there happens to be one right across from the Art Institute.
Those shakes really are top notch!
YUM!
Julie is such a fun lunch date! Sydney was happy to have her to herself.
Having recently discovered the Hancock Tower, we headed down Michigan Ave to take in those sights as well.
How cute is my sister in law?
This one is pretty cute too.
No comments:
Post a Comment