Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Ireland is EIGHT!!!

We were able to snag the most fabulous photographer for Ireland's baptism photos- Kelly Miccolis. The Miccolises were Ireland's Primary teachers a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure they'd adopt her out from under us, if it were legally possible. They have so much love for our little girl and they happen to be incredible photographers to boot. I know they don't charge us nearly what they are worth, so much of this is literally a labor of love. 




I learned my lesson with Liesel's baptism photos at the temple (see here) and so these were actually taken the previous September. The weather was balmy and Ireland danced all around the temple grounds in her pretty dress. I spotted the dress on zulily for a good price and ordered it immediately. However, the size was really off. Luckily, we have a fantastic tailor in town who made that dress fit Ireland like a glove. The long waist and bow at the back made her look like a little princess.




Ireland LOVES her baptism dress!

Kelly was so creative in these photos of Ireland with her blessing dress. She's photographed many weddings at the Chicago temple and so she knew this discreet spot at the back. I'm absolutely in love!


While Kelly was getting these close up shots of the CTR ring, a ladybug landed on Ireland. Ever the insightful photographer, Kelly snapped a couple of photos of that sweet little moment.



This was the last shot of the day and I just love how it captures the temple, the flowers and the fountain. As a kid, we called that the "dandelion fountain" and I'm so excited my kids get to appreciate it as well.

Ireland's birthday was full of the regular traditions such as breakfast in bed:

And cake:

However, the REAL celebration was to come!

No comments: