Saturday, March 31, 2018

Spring Break Staycation

Perhaps it was the winter that was dragging on. Perhaps everyone else really was leaving town for greener pastures (literally). Perhaps it was a touch of Seasonal Affect Disorder. Whatever the case, I was absolutely not looking forward to Spring Break. After a couple days of staying home and trying to keep up with the messes, I piled the girls in the car and we headed downtown for a couple days to take advantage of our museum passes. We went to the Adler Planetarium:


We hit some of our favorite spots like this one.

And this one.

We were also able to catch one of the shows we've missed in the past. at the front of the auditorium there were all these giant, nylon beanbags. No one was using them so I told the girls to go try it.

When the girls are all together, I think they find a synergic courage among themselves. Any one of them on their own probably would have been too intimidated, but the 4 of them all at once was not as big a deal.

The rest of the kids in the auditorium came flooding down when they took notice so I'm glad the girls got a good spot front and center.

We always end up spending most of our time in the arts and crafts area. I have to tamp down my desire for them to become better educated on the heavens and just let them play around with some construction paper and glue. Perhaps I'm not as fond of that area because there's also no cell reception. They do always have entertaining jokes on the whiteboard!

To mix things up and help out a fellow mom, we invited our friends the Fitches to join us at the Museum of Science and Industry on another day. The girls loved showing off their favorite spots and then we left early to grab some cupcakes

We headed by Magnolia Bakery for some of their cupcakes.

Still the best buttercream frosting I've ever tasted!

The girls had worked up an appetite running around the museum.

We took a some pictures on the streets of Chicago.



We didn't go to Disney World or on a cruise or anything, but I think we managed to have some fun over Spring Break despite the cold! 

No comments: