Confession: part of the reason I jumped back into the job market is because I simply could not imagine Christmas without the Christmas card. For the last few years we've had family snap a photo that we ended up using but I felt it was time to get really good photos, with a photographer who knows what she is doing. Photos like that don't come cheap so come hell or high water, I was going to make it happen. Looking back on these, I'm so, so, SO glad I did because I love these pictures and I'm so glad we have them!
This is the one we used for the Christmas card:
This was another one I was really tempted to use on our card but somehow it just didn't look as good as that first one:
Sydney deserves some props because man alive was it chilly during that photo shoot- near freezing temperatures and the sun was going down fast! I brought a couple of quilts to use in the photos which we ended up using to try and keep everyone warm. In spite of that, we were all shivering.
I know this is a weird thing to say about this picture, but I LOVE how Brent's beard looks in this one! It just looks so perfect and remembering how cold it was, I want to just nuzzle into it. This is definitely another favorite pic.
Our photographer has 3 daughters of her own and she really got some great sister shots:
I still don't understand why people think they look alike- I see so many differences in each of them!
On to the individuals! Poor Sydney was so, so, SO cold and trying to put on a brave face.
This one really captures her personality I think- happy with a dash of mischievous:
Aside from being in the coldest outfit, I found these shoes last minute at Janie & Jack and they were juuust Sydney's size but not broken in they were definitely tight. They weren't on sale, and it's not like me to put money into something like that but I couldn't help myself. Sydney squeezed into them so I had to request this photo since we were the only two wearing yellow shoes.
Brigitta is in the All-I-Want-For-Christmas-Is-My-Two-Front-Teeth age and her little tongue sticking out of the gap just slays me:
She's been wanting to join Girl Scouts like her sisters for years and years but there wasn't a troop nearby. With Sydney starting Daisies, I hunted one down and just after this photo shoot she had her very first meeting ever and she was so crazy excited about it. We looked a little boujee showing up to a Friday night scout meeting all dressed up...
Ireland can be hard to capture sometimes but I'm obsessed with how her hair looks with that hay in the background:
When the sunlight hits her hair, it looks like spun gold. And this is an honest Ireland smile- humble, thoughtful.
Somehow the camera finds Liesel. I don't know if she practiced posing in a former life or what, but she can take insanely good pictures. I really love how the photographer somehow captured her looking more like a teenager than a little girl like her sisters. She looks tall and sophisticated here:
The speckles on the side of the barn offset her freckles. Lurve!!!
Like I said, I'm so glad we did these photos! Worth every single penny!!! Thank you to Marche Brown Photography.
No comments:
Post a Comment