Thursday, October 03, 2019

Tid Bits

Ireland is a bit of a connoisseur of ramen. Brent was at the priesthood session of General Conference and so I took the girls to Epic Deli for a girl's night out. Check out there epic menu here and you can see why it appeals to kids. When Ireland saw the ramen, she ordered it immediately.  
And she was pretty happy with her choice. 

I ran into one of my CrossFit coaches in the Target parking lot and mentioned we need more workouts that focus on abs. She created this WOD just for me!
Oh yeah, that one worked the abs.

Every now and again I feel the need to refresh the aroma in the house and I got a little nutso at Bath & Body Works. This was our fall scent and I LOVE it!
Who wouldn't want their house to smell like pumpkin pecan waffles? YUM!

Usually I'm running around with too many things to do and not enough time but I had to stop and take a picture of the lake we live by because it was so dang beautiful with that blue sky and fluffy clouds reflected on the water.

This verse really caught me during scripture study. I've read it numerous times but that word "preparator" really stuck with me so I looked it up in the dictionary. Turns out a preparator is "a person who prepares scientific specimens or museum displays." It really hit me that the devil is not looking for equal companions in his evil works, he is looking for lives to destroy. It all reminded me of The Screwtape Letters where initally it seems like kind advice from a loving uncle but at the end you realize that is not at all the case. 


My friends invited me to participate in a meal prep and this one is called egg roll in a bowl and the girls loooved it!

After we dropped the girls off at the bus stop (on one of those days when there was no school for Kindergarten), Sydney loved the look of our long shadows and asked me to take a picture. 

Gita fell in love with this neighbor dog named Oliver Twist. His owner told me after Oliver met Gita he would insist walking down our street and would wait in front of our house, refusing to move, in the hopes she would come out and say hi. 
Poor Oliver didn't get to see as much of her once she was back in school!

Brent and I met up for lunch at XOXO- one of the many Chicago restaurants I have wanted to try. We decided to flip for the pistachio crusted churro and oh man, that was insanely delicious!

We don't really allow toys in the bedrooms, just books. Fortunately that has helped the girls to become great readers and I caught Sydney reading by flashlight one evening when she was supposed to be fast asleep.


The list of injuries my daredevil Gita sustains on a weekly basis is very long, but sometimes they end up being a tad more severe. This time it was an elbow that met the ground and scraped her up pretty good.

We sit in the front row at church because 1- no one else wants to sit there so it's always open, 2- as a bit of a germophobe, I like that we get the sacrament tray first (I also like the corner for the water) and 3- I like to know where the exits are. If a crazy gunman stormed the church, we'd be right next to an exit as opposed to stuck in the middle of a long pew with no room to get out. 
The only problem with this well-laid plan is that when the kids are misbehaving, the entire congregation sees it. They also see it when we are about to crack as we discipline them.

No comments: