Our flight wasn't until mid-day so I thought we had plenty of time to get ready, pack, meet Joey and Katrina for breakfast and pick up some cookies from Crumbl. Somehow we ended up scrambling to make that all happen- and we never did make it to Crumbl. Fitting everything in our luggage was a trick. Katrina gave us her American Girl doll to be repaired at the store in Chicago so that took up a lot of room not to mention the doll clothes she gifted Gita and then my new temple bag from Deseret Book and clothes we got from the BYU Bookstore... oh man, I had to expand the suitcase and have Gita use my temple bag as a carryon. I was sweating over that one, for sure.
We'd agreed to meet at Penny Ann's Cafe for breakfast. Joey went to the SLC location while we went to the Draper location to meet him and Katrina halfway. Anyway, breakfast ended up getting seriously delayed while we waited for him to head back down to Draper. It was fun to hang out with my siblings one last time before leaving town and for Brigitta so see them. We headed to the airport and said, "peace out SLC!"
Hard to say goodbye, but we were also ready to head home.
I was so worried Brigitta's trip to Utah would be a disappointment because of coronavirus restrictions. At the end of the day, it was even more special. We were able to do things that just weren't possible with the other girls and made so many memories. I've always said Gita is the middlest of middle children and it was so great for her to get some concentrated attention with just the two of us. We had so much fun and I'm so grateful we could go!
No comments:
Post a Comment