To say the girls were looking forward to Halloween is a gross understatement. Sydney actually did this back in June:
Liesel started her countdown in early August:
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find out three youngest girls would still be able to celebrate Halloween. Liesel felt like she was too old for it- technically it is a Primary activity and Liesel is in Young Women. One of her younger friends asked where she was and when I told her what Liesel had said, her face visibly fell. Our ward still had their Trunk or Treat just asking that everyone wear masks and adults drop candy into candy buckets rather than letting kids reach in and take their own. It was surprisingly good to see some old friends in person, and the kids got a lot of candy. The sister missionaries killed it with their costume!
It's a princess year!
Ireland is actually wearing the largest sized princess gown we have.
Gita was happy to wear the Belle costume again after our Utah trip.
Even though it wasn't as busy as previous years (although to be fair, our neighborhood is always relatively quiet), at least it was a chance to dress up and go out. We haven't had that kind of excitement in a long, long time and I'm so grateful there was a small semblance of normalcy, even if just for a few hours. The moon was so perfect for a night like tonight!
And the candy haul was pretty sweet:
No comments:
Post a Comment